DIY: Leopard Neon Canvas Authentic Hi
I’ve been so in-love with the new Authentic Hi’s ever since I spotted them on Vans. I just got my hands on a pair, and knew right away what I wanted to do with these babies! So I pulled out my stencil paper and my black fabric paint, and went to work on an awesome pair of leopard Neon Canvas Authentic Hi’s.
What you need: A pair of Neon Canvas Authentic Hi’s, stencil paper or cardstock, exacto knife, sponge, pencil, and black fabric paint.
- First take your stencil paper (or paper thick enough to where paint wont seep through) and begin sketching out leopard spots into a bundled pattern. You can really create any pattern, but for this particular project I went with leopard.
- Once you’ve got your pattern sketched out, take your exacto knife and very carefully begin cutting the pattern out of the paper.
- Now that you’ve got your pattern cut out, place your paper precisely on the spot you’re looking to paint your pattern on and begin dabbing the fabric paint onto the shoe with your paint sponge.
- Repeat step 3 on any areas you want to cover with your pattern.
- Let your shoe dry for 2 hours. Then you’ve got a pair of super sassy leopard Authentic Hi’s. -brittany