Inspired by my all time favorite Disney character, Minnie Mouse, I gave my red Authentics a much needed makeover. They’ve been through a lot, so it was the least I could do. This Spring, it’s all about the polka dots. They’re cute, feminine, and fun to mix with other patterns… if you can’t tell, I’m rather obsessed.
Here’s what you need for this simple DIY: a pair of Authentics, white paint (you can use acrylic, gauche, or fabric paint), a paint brush, a pencil, water bottle cap, and 4 yards of lace ribbon.
- You were probably wondering why you would need a bottle cap since it’s a bit random, but it will actually come in handy as you trace circles on the shoe.
- Once you’re done tracing circles, use the paint to fill them in.
- Depending on the thickness of your paint, you may want to add a second coat.
- Let dry for a few hours.
- After they are completely dry, lace your ribbon through the eyelets.
- Tie them in a pretty bow, and you’re good to go.
Got a cute DIY idea with your Vans? Instagram your project with the hashtag #VansDIY -brittany